As-Salamu Alaykum, my dear sister in Islam!
I have a gift for you!
With the start of the new year, 2024, now is the perfect time to equip yourself with a new calendar.
As a Muslim woman, keeping track of important events and dates on the Islamic calendar is essential.
It allows you to plan ahead, observe your religious obligations, and celebrate milestones with your loved ones.
In this article, we’ve got you covered with the free download of the New Year 2024 Gregorian/Hijri Islamic Calendar, along with some essential tips on how to make the most of it.
Why this calendar is important
Understanding the significance of the Gregorian/Hijri Islamic Calendar is a crucial step towards gaining clarity about important religious events.
The Gregorian calendar has been widely adopted as the international standard for the measurement of time, but it’s not in sync with the Islamic Lunar calendar, which has 12 months of 29-30 days each.
The Hijri calendar is based on the sighting of the moon, and thus often varies based on location.
To help you keep track of dates on both calendars, we’ve created a downloadable Islamic calendar that allows you to plan months ahead.
The calendar has two versions:
- Plain and simple.
- Islamic: highlights Islamic holidays and important dates.
Prepare for Ramadan and Eid
One of the most significant aspects of the Islamic calendar is the observance of the holy month of Ramadan, a time of fasting and spiritual reflection.
Bilislam’s Gregorian/Hijri Islamic Calendar will help you track the dates of Ramadan and Eid Al-Fitr, which marks the end of the fasting month.
It’s important to start preparing for Ramadan in advance, and the calendar will make it easy for you to plan your schedule around Suhoor, Iftar, and Taraweeh prayers.
Prepare for Hajj
Another important Islamic occasion is the Hajj pilgrimage, which takes place, in-sha-Allah, on the 12th month of the Islamic calendar.
By using Bilislam’s Gregorian/Hijri Islamic Calendar, you’ll be able to keep track of the start and end dates of the Hajj season, making it easier for you to plan your holy journey or support your loved ones who are embarking on the pilgrimage.
Prepare for Sunnah Siyam Days
In addition to the obligatory fasts during Ramadan, there are days when fasting carries great rewards, also known as Sunnah Siyam days.
- The Day of Aashoora’
- The Day of Arafah
- The six days of Shawwal.
- The three days of Al-Bidh of every Hijri month (13, 14, and 15)
These days are marked on your Gregorian/Hijri Islamic Calendar with different colors to remind you to fast during them.
Features of Bilislam’s Calendar
- Format: PDF
- Paper size: A4 (can be made smaller during the printing process)
- Appearance: Vertical (for easy navigation)
- Numbered weeks for the whole year
- The start of each Hijri month is marked clearly
- Different colors for each column (for easy navigation)
- Jumu’ah days are marked in bold for easy identification (version 2)
- Islamic events are marked with different colors (version 2)
Tips for using the calendar
- Print and hang the calendar in a visible place to help you remember important dates.
- Print each page on one A4 paper in portrait mode, cut them in half, and use them as planner inserts for A5-sized binders.
- Use different colors to mark personal events A5-sized such as important appointments.
- Make a habit of checking the calendar weekly to plan ahead and stay organized.
- Set reminders on your phone for desired actions, such as fasting Bidh days every month.
- Keep track of important Islamic events by highlighting them in a specific color on the calendar.
- Use the plain version to plan your daily schedule and the Islamic version for religious observances.
- Share the calendar with family and friends to help them stay organized as well.
- Print and put the calendar inside a plastic cover and write erasable notes on it like a whiteboard.
- Download and save a copy of the calendar on your device for easy access.
Download the Calendars
Now that you have your new calendar, make it a part of your daily routine to check it every morning.
Mark important events, set reminders for fasts and prayers, and use it to plan your schedule for the week.
Let this be a tool that helps you stay organized, maintain balance in your life, and fulfill your religious obligations with ease.
I hope that this free download, along with the tips provided, will make it easier for you to be proactive in your planning and prioritize your faith.
With this calendar, staying on top of your religious obligations is more accessible than ever.
May Allah bless your time and make this year one of growth and success.